School Advisory Committee
the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit, the Manistee Catholic Central
School Advisory Committee, a vehicle of communication, provides our
parents/guardians/parishioners a voice in our children's education,
thus empowering all Manistee Catholic Central students to reach their
full potential: spiritually, academically and socially.
Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the Committe is to advise the CCM
Pastor and the MCC
- Long-range planning;
- Policy formation;
- Development of plans and means to finance ongoing educational programs;
- Selection of the Principal when a vacancy occurs, in accordance with Diocesan guidelines;
- Public relations;
- Determination whether goals and plans are being met, but not evaluating individual staff members, administration or students.
Grievance Policy / Procedure
Grievance Policy of Manistee Catholic Central states that if a
parent/guardian or a student has a dispute with a member of the staff,
there are certain steps that must be followed:
1. The grieved person must talk with the concerned party first.
2. If that proves unsatisfactory, the grieved party then is to go to the Principal.
If that proves unsatisfactory, the grieved party is to present
its position to the Diocesan Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
4. If that proves to be unsatisfactory, the grieved party is to present its position to their Pastor.
The Pastor can choose to bring the issue before the other pastors
of supporting for further action if deemed necessary. The decision of
the Pastor (s) is final.
The sub-committees consist of:
• Strategic Planning Committee is working to create and
recommend a 10-year plan for the school.
• Building and Grounds Committee will
work in collaboration with the similar committee from the Finance
Council to ensure that the school facilities and grounds are maintained.
• Budget and Finance Committee will work in collaboration
with the CCM Finance Council to ensure that the school budget stays within its approved targets.
• Marketing/Enrollment/Public Relations
Committee will work at developing on-going marketing and public relation goals to recruit and retain students and families.
• Development/Grant Writing Committee will continue to seek out third funding revenue resources not only for the school, but also for the parish.
• Catholic Identity Committee will use various national and
benchmarks to make sure that MCC continues its long-time tradition of
being a Catholic School, teaching and reflecting the Gospel values of
• Technology Committee
will work at creating a plan to ensure that students and faculty of MCC
will be equipped with the technology they need for a 21st century
• Policy Committee
will review our present school handbooks to make sure they are in line
with the new Diocese of Gaylord School Policy Book, as well as with
State ofMichigan mandates regarding health and safety of students